Performing Arts Director
Francesca is our Creative Director and is the driving force behind the fantastic resources and lesson plans which are used by our Activity Professionals and students.
Francesca has been dancing for most of her life. She has been a regular participant in many competitions, both at regional and national level, gaining success at all levels. Her love of dancing is equalled by her joy of mentoring individuals within her peer group, and, of others around her. It soon became clear that her love of dancing was best fulfilled by coaching and her chosen direction was in teaching.
Some of Francesca's training and qualifications include:
- Qualified as an Associate of the International Dance Teachers Association.
- Fully qualified level 2 Instructor in the context of exercise to music.
- Level 3 Instructor in Exercise for Ante and Post Natal participants.
- Level 3 Certificate in Customer Care
- Recognized Arts Award Council Trainer.
- Active member of the regional board of the IDTA, and also a member of the National Dance Teachers Association.
During her teaching time, she has coached many students to high attainment levels within their chosen disciplines, both within her own school, and as a guest teacher within the education system. Whilst teaching in schools she identified certain talents held by individuals that had previously gone unrewarded. It was with a group of 12 such individuals, that, with only 13 lessons, they entered the IDTA nationwide street dance championships. As a group they finished runners-up, a truly remarkable result, also as individuals in their class, gaining finals status. This sense of self belief is Francesca’s benchmark not only for herself, but for those around her, and her “can do" attitude is her driving force.